Ode To Motherhood
Welcome to Motherhood...
Yep, this is my life now.
They say that you forget all the bad things about being pregnant once you hold your little one for the first time. I can tell you that is false. I did melt and I did get emotional, but I haven't forgotten all the bad pregnancy stuff. Nope, not this girl.
Was my little princess worth it?
You bet she was. Every inch of her.
And so has begun my life of sleepless nights and confused fussy baby moments. I am slowly learning that sometimes all she wants is cuddles and reassurance. For the longest time I never wanted kids. Then, I met the right guy and we got married. He has changed my life in so many ways and now we're parents. I still can't believe it when I look at her.
I'm a mom.
He's a dad.
Pregnancy sucked. She was worth it a hundred times over. Being a new mom is even harder than carrying her for nine months. Here are some things my newborn has taught me:
1. Always change diapers with your mouth closed. Yes, even if you have a girl.
2. It is possible to eat and poop at the same time. My little one is a master!
3. Burping really means projectile vomit. Follow step one and keep your mouth closed.
4. Spit up in your hair and on your clothes is your new norm.
5. What is a hot meal?
6. What is a shower?
7. Sleep when they sleep.
8. There are many shades of poop.
9. Diapers do fail...
10. It is possible to sleep standing up.
Let's get real, being a new parent is hard!